In order to add NearlyFreeSpeech.NET DNS to an existing website, follow these steps:
- Go to the Site Information page for your existing site by visiting the Sites panel at the top of the page, and then selecting the site's "Short Name" from the "Sites" list.
- Choose "Add a New Alias" in the "Site Names & Aliases" box to add the new site name.
- Add the new site name, including the www (such as www.example.com). This tells our system which site the new name points to.
- Once you have finished adding the name, you will be returned to the Site Information page. If you added the name correctly, you should see it listed in the "Site Names & Aliases" box.
- Visit the Domains panel.
- For the alias you just added (here listed under the "Domain" column), under the "DNS" column, click "Add."
- Decide how you want email handled for this domain by choosing the appropriate selection.
That's all there is to it!
If you've already registered your domain with a third-party registrar when you set up NearlyFreeSpeech.NET DNS, don't forget to update your list of name servers at your domain registrar with the name server information we provide for your domain.