This indicates that the behavior you reported as a system problem is actually the correct, direct result of how you have things set up. That's actually good news, because it means that it is under your control and you can resolve it on your own.
However, this response often confuses people, because if someone knows that they set something up a certain way, they usually don't report it as a system problem. So receiving this response typically indicates that one of the following has happened:
- You may have configured something and then forgotten about it.
- Something may have been configured unintentionally. (E.g. by accidentally clicking a button in the member interface or misreading a form field.)
- A configuration may not have the effect you expected it to.
- It may be a default setting that isn't actually a fit for your situation.
Here are some common examples of "Works as Configured" issues:
- "My site did not receive an important software update." (The site is configured not to receive software updates.)
- "My site is not executing PHP code." (The site is set to use a server type that does not support PHP.)
- "My site returns 'connection refused.'" (The site is set to use a custom web server, but no custom web server is set up.)
- "It says my FTP login is incorrect." (The site or membership is set not to allow FTP.)
If the issue is related to a web site, our Site Troubleshooting Wizard (available from the Actions box on the Site Information panel for the site) can point out a lot of configuration issues that cause unwanted behavior.
It's often also helpful to go through our member interface and review anything in yellow, orange, or red text, or anything that says "Deprecated," "End-of-Life," "Obsolete," "Dangerous" or similar.
If you're unable to find the requisite setting to control the undesirable behavior, you may wish to post about your issue in our forum or, if you are a subscription member, open an individual support issue. (Although if you are a subscription member, "works as configured" responses are auto-converted to individual support requests.)